Thank You for Funding the Mission!
Do you believe that every child deserves a chance at success? You can change the course of a child’s life by making a donation to fund Lena Pope's mission to help create hope, happiness, and success for children and families.
One Hour of Counseling for a Family in Need: $100
- Lena Pope is the area’s largest provider of counseling for families on Medicaid or without insurance.
- These families have few places to turn for help because most counselors cannot afford to provide counseling for reduced rates paid by Medicaid or according to the family’s finances.
Social Emotional Curriculum: $100
- A child’s social and emotional skills are as important an indicator of that child’s future success as academic achievement.
- Chapel Hill Academy, Lena Pope’s elementary public charter school, needs to purchase a social emotional curriculum to be used in all classes to help students become responsible, caring, and successful citizens.
Sponsor a Child for a Week at the Lena Pope Early Learning Center: $150
- The Lena Pope Early Learning Center provides quality care for children ages six weeks to five years old regardless of their family’s income.
- Fifty-percent of children at the Early Learning Center are from families with lower incomes. Lena Pope receives lower payments from these families and covers the difference with a Lena Pope sponsorship.
School Uniform: $35
- Lena Pope keeps a closet to help client’s with necessities that they may need, including food and school uniforms for students.
- Most local schools—including Lena Pope’s charter school, Chapel Hill Academy—require students to wear uniforms.
Staff Training and Development: $50
- Lena Pope has 129 full-time staff, including social workers, professional counselors, and certified teachers.
- These staff have licenses that require annual continuing education.