Functional Family Therapy
Functional Family Therapy is a short-term, research-tested counseling program offered to at-risk youth and their families through partnerships with Tarrant County Juvenile Services and Texas Juvenile Justice Department. Functional Family Therapy offers the following features to your family:
- In-home sessions for your convenience and with respect to your schedule
- An average of 12 sessions over a three to four month period
- Therapy that builds on your family’s strengths and focuses on improving your relationships
- Individualized sessions
- Respect for the diverse qualities of your family (cultural, personal, family types)
- Assessment of family strengths and risk factors impacting your family
- Focus on skills to improve your family’s functioning
Through this process, Therapists will work to get to know your family’s unique strengths and positively impact your communication, youth behavior, parenting, and other issues that impact families each day.
Although the Functional Family Therapy program receives its participants by referral from Tarrant County Juvenile Services and Texas Juvenile Justice Department, our Counseling Program can offer services to you and your family. For more information, click here.