CHA Parking Lot Traffic Pattern Change
Morning Carpool Lane:
• Enter at Hulen gate and merge to the left into one lane.
• Pull all the way up to the stop sign and wait until all cars are stopped before unloading.
• Have your child exit the left side of the car when all traffic has stopped.
• DO NOT unload behind the school and let your child walk around to the front or drive through the coned off areas.
• Park in the Hulen lot and walk your child up to the cafetorium door. DO NOT drop your child off in the parking lot – this is not safe.
Afternoon Carpool Lane:
• Form two lines. Pull up as far as you can and wait for your child to be loaded by staff.
• When all students are loaded, the stop sign will be turned and you may then exit the parking lot.
• Park in the Hulen lot and walk to the front foyer to form a line. After picking up your child, exit out of the door leading to the Hulen lot.
In order to pick up a student after school, whether in carpool lane or in the cafetorium, the person picking up the student MUST have the student’s carpool sign, which is provided by CHA. Anyone coming to pick up a student without a sign will be directed to the office for verification of identification before being allowed to pick up a student. As always, our priority is student safety. We appreciate your support in this area.
CHA parking lots are no-cell phone zones. Please be sure to give your full attention to the students entering/exiting cars and the staff who are directing the traffic flow.
Entrance is not permitted at the Sycamore School gate between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. and between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. The only vehicles entering at this gate are those picking up for daycare.
Remember that the breakfast line closes at 7:50 a.m. and the tardy bell rings at 8:00 a.m. Students should be in their classrooms ready to learn by 8:00 a.m.