Breakfast & Lunch at CHA
National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Children need healthy meals to learn. Chapel Hill offers healthy meals every school day. Your child(ren) may qualify for free or reduced price meals. For more information or to apply, visit the links below.
Free and Reduced Meal Program FAQs:
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Complete one application to apply for free or reduced-price meals. Use one Free and Reduced-Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information.
- Who can get free meals? Children in households receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits (formerly the Food Stamp Program) or TANF can get free meals regardless of your income. Your benefit letter from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is your documentation for free meals. If you have not already received a letter from your school stating that your household is eligible for free meals, you may take your HHSC benefit letter to your child nutrition office to be certified for free meals. Call the Child Nutrition office at 817-289-0242 if you have questions.
- Who can get reduced price meals? Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced-price limits on the Federal Income.
- I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please fill out an application.
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
- Who should I include as members of my household? You must include yourself and all people living in your household, related or not (such as children, grandparents, other relatives or friends).
- We are in the military; do we include our housing allowance as income? If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.
- If our family does not qualify, do we still need to complete the form? Simply print your student(s) name(s) on the top and write N/A across the form, then sign at the bottom to account for your family.
If you have other questions or need help, call 817-289-0242. Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al teléfono: 817-289-0242.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877- 8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.