2019-2020 School Year
Since 1930, Lena Pope has been working with children and families to help create hope, happiness, and success. We believe that each child can achieve great things when they are encouraged to learn in ways that work for them. Chapel Hill Academy Charter School opens the door to this success and inspires hope for the future! Chapel Hill Academy is an Open-Enrollment Public Charter School and does not charge tuition. We are looking forward to our 12th year with the 2019-2020 school year, serving grades Pre-K through 7th.
Families residing within the geographical boundaries of the following school districts are eligible to apply. Per state and TEA regulations, documentation of residence verification is required for enrollment.
- Eagle Mountain-Saginaw
- Fort Worth
- Lake Worth
- White Settlement
Children must be at least 5 years of age before September 1st to enroll in Kindergarten, and 4 years of age before September 1st to enroll in Pre-K. NOTE: Pre-K applicants must meet one of the following additional criteria, as determined by TEA. Verifying documentation to support one of the following categories will be required:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program; or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
- Complete the online application.
- Chapel Hill Academy will contact families by email and telephone as spots become available.
- Families have 48 hours to respond to an offer of enrollment.
- Once accepted, families have 10 business days to complete online registration and submit required documents.
- April 1st at 10:00 am
- May 1st at 10:00 am