OPEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Since 1930, Lena Pope has been working with children and families to help create hope, happiness, and success. We believe that each child can achieve great things when they are encouraged to learn in ways that work for them. Chapel Hill Academy Charter School opens the door to this success and inspires hope for the future!
Chapel Hill Academy is an Open-Enrollment Public Charter School and does not charge tuition. We are excited to begin our 11th year with the 2018-2019 school year, serving Pre-K through 6th grades.
Chapel Hill Academy utilizes a lottery process for enrollment. All applications must be submitted online. This process will open on January 16, 2018. At that time, the "Apply Online Now" button on our website will be activated. Click on the button and follow the appropriate prompts to have your child included in the random lottery drawing. NOTE: All previous applications have been archived - if you have previously applied at CHA and were not selected, you must re-apply for each school year. If you do not have internet access or need assistance completing the form, please call our front office at 817-289-0242 and we will arrange to assist you.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION MORE THAN ONCE - DUPLICATE ENTRIES WILL BE DELETED.
The random drawing lottery will be conducted on Friday, February 23, 2018. All applicants entered by 4pm on Thursday, February 22, 2018 will be included in the drawing for available slots in each grade level. Those names drawn will be notified by phone during the first two weeks of March. Names drawn after the available slots are filled will be placed on a waiting list. We are unable to contact applicants who are placed on the waiting list or answer calls regarding placement on the waiting list. If an opening occurs, we will contact you in the order of the waiting list.
Please ensure that you enter correct contact information as we will allow two business days from the time of contact for you to return our call is a message is left.
Eligible School Districts
Families residing within the geographical boundaries of the school districts below are eligible to apply. Residence verification documentation is required, per state and TEA regulations.
|Lake Worth||Mansfield||White Settlement|
Children must be at least 5 years of age by September 1, 2018 to enroll in Kindergarten.
Pre-K applicants must be at least 4 years of age by September 1, 2018 and meet at least one of the criteria below. Verification documents will be required.
- Economically Disadvantaged - household income is within the federal guidelines for eligibility in the National School Lunch Free/Reduced Program
- English as a Second Language
- Dependent of an active duty military family of the United States Armed Forces
- Dependent of a member of the United States Armed Forces who was killed while on active duty
- Currently or previously in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a) a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code b) a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code c) an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code